For self-contained, supported independant living for older people
- Retirement/sheltered housing
- 27 bungalows. Built in 1986. Sizes 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom. Includes mobility and wheelchair standard properties.
- Resident management staff and community alarm service.
- Lounge, laundry.
- Access to site fairly easy, but less so for less mobile people. Distances: bus stop 500 yards; shop 750 yards; post office 750 yards; town centre 8 mile(s); GP 8 mile(s); social centre 8 mile(s).
- Regular social activities include craft, games, luncheon club, quiz, Bingo, music, dogs, horse racing. Both cats & dogs generally accepted.
A Pheasant Free Meal for the Community Centre
Peter Kerry and his Dad Snowy wanted to do something for the older citizens of Ashley, living in sheltered accommodation. They decided to offer some pheasant so that a special meal could be cooked for them. Peter and Snowy run their own pest control business P Kerry, and work on local farms and studs keeping pests under control. As a bonus, Peter and his Dad are allowed to shoot game when in season.
Elizabeth, pictured left with Peter, was delighted with the offer and thanked Peter and Snowy for their kind generosity. She said it was wonderful that people in the village were thinking of the senior citizens at the centre. Elizabeth plans to give some of the birds to those who wish to cook their own meal, and a special meal will be cooked for other residents at the centre.